Thursday, July 25, 2013

Freshen Up With New Fabric!

I love my classroom theme. After 14 years of teaching, I can finally say that and mean it. The Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie, so I found ways to decorate with it, but without over doing it. I also use these colors:  light blue (Dorothy's dress), red (ruby slippers), yellow (yellow brick road), and green (emerald city). These colors are easy to find when shopping for school accessories. I thought about changing the color scheme to a more trendy turquoise, yellow, and white. However, I thought I might grow tired of it after one year.



While I love my overall theme, I still have the desire for something new and fresh. Enter new bulletin board fabric. My other half, Madalyn, and I took a quick trip to Hobby Lobby (Is it ever really quick?). Check out the fabric I bought!




I chose colors that stick to my Wizard of Oz theme, but with a pop of trendy design. The red ribbon is going to be the border for the blue chevron bulletin board. I wish I could remember where I saw that idea online. For the yellow polka dot fabric, I'm going to try wrapping it over the edges past the silver metal part,  go without a border, and add a corner accent. This idea came from two cousins at The Newly Wife Blog

Click here to visit blog

Don't you love the studded border? It's made of pushpins! These two bulletin boards, a new floor plan, and getting rid of my teacher desk (yes! I took the plunge!) will give me that much desired newness for a new and exciting school year. Decorating your classroom for the new school year is like getting a new dress for the first day of school. It just puts you in a renewed state of mind. Wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. Love the fabric choices! And I can't believe you got rid of your desk!! Where is all of your "junk you don't want anyone to see" going to go?! You must be super organized :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also updated my new fabric. I love the ones at Hobby Lobby. It really wakes up my room.

    ReplyDelete